HBS: Alcoholics

STEPHEN AMATO

Jul 7, 2022, 9:45:15 AM7/7/22
to bc...@googlegroups.com
Alcoholics

1Cor 6:9,10 “...nor drunkards... will inherit the kingdom of God.”

While alcoholism is increasingly being misconstrued as a disease and thus alcoholics portrayed as merely victims, the fact is that alcoholism is a willful sin and those who practice it are not mere victims but guilty of a crime so serious in God's eyes as to render them hell bound. Drug abusers and drunkards are on common ground, finding comfort in self-medicating through the misuse of such chemicals. As such they dull both their spiritual and physical senses and at times without even realizing it do harm to both themselves and others.

Drug abusers and alcoholics are like those who "blesses himself in his heart, saying, ‘I shall have peace, even though I follow the dictates of my heart’ —as though the drunkard could be included with the sober. The LORD would not spare him; for then the anger of the LORD and His jealousy would burn against that man, and every curse that is written in this book would settle on him, and the LORD would blot out his name from under heaven." Deut 29:19,20 While they try to escape reality through a bottle or a drug, they cannot escape the grave and the hell that follows.