2Cor 7:3,4 Till Death Do Us Part

bcbs...@yahoo.com

Feb 27, 2024, 5:55:00 AMFeb 27
to Bcbsr
Till Death Do Us Part

2Cor 7:3,4  I do not say this to condemn you; I have said before that you have such a place in our hearts that we would live or die with you. I have great confidence in you; I take great pride in you. I am greatly encouraged; in all our troubles my joy knows no bounds.

Rare indeed are spiritual leaders today who could honestly say they would live or die with those they're leading. Ministers must beware of depersonalizing ministry. One's allegiance and heart should not be devoted to the institution. That is not the "church". The institution is merely a tool. The church is composed of the individual Christians who have gathered together.

Furthermore notice that Paul doesn't treat the brethren as a bunch of stupid sheep incapable of doing anything but sitting quietly and listening to him preach. Rather they were actively involved, and not only so but at this time Paul avoided even visiting them so that he would not appear to be micro-managing them. He trusts them to do the right thing.  "I am glad I can have complete confidence in you." 2Cor 7:16 But not only so, for he also keeps aware of their activities.

So there are two extremes to avoid here. One is micro-management in which no freedom or trust is given. The other is apathy in which the minister takes no interest in the actual life of the believers.