1John 3:10 The Distinguishing Marks

bcbs...@yahoo.com

Jun 22, 2024, 7:16:15 AMJun 22
to Bcbsr
The Distinguishing Marks

1John 3:10  This is how we know who the children of God are and who the children of the devil are: Anyone who does not do what is right is not a child of God; nor is anyone who does not love his brother.

The Greek word for "know" here ("phaneros") means to be plainly recognized. This verse is one of many which answers the question as to how we can plainly recognize whether a person in the Christian community has been born of God or whether they are still children of the devil.

The two distinguishing marks here are:
1. Do they do what is right in God's eyes?
2. Do they love fellow Christians?