1Cor 6:11 The Saints Sanctified Condition

bcbs...@yahoo.com

May 23, 2023, 5:12:08 AM5/23/23
to Bcbsr
The Saints Sanctified Condition

1Cor 6:11 And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

Note the past tense here. Likewise in Eph 2:1-3 "As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins,  in which you used to live when you followed the ways of this world and of the ruler of the kingdom of the air, the spirit who is now at work in those who are disobedient. All of us also lived among them at one time, gratifying the cravings of our sinful nature and following its desires and thoughts. Like the rest, we were by nature objects of wrath."

But having come to know Christ, they were saved both respect to their status - i.e. forgiven of sin (justified), and with respect to their behavior - sanctified. This is the effect of regeneration I noted previously as stated in 1John 3:9,10. and Titus 3:5b says, "He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit" So to the saints I say, "Thanks be to God that, though you used to be slaves to sin, you wholeheartedly obeyed the form of teaching to which you were entrusted. You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness." Rom 6:17,18