2Cor 4:16-18 It's Worth the Trouble

bcbs...@yahoo.com

Jan 25, 2024, 5:44:41 PMJan 25
to Bcbsr
It's Worth the Trouble

2Cor 4:16-18 Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

That is, they were not losing heart because despite the difficulties, they were seeing fruitful results of their labor and anticipating more. And again as Paul said, "if we are children, then we are heirs— heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory. I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us." Rom 8:17,18 Suffering comes with the territory as does glory. Funny that the 5 other places the Gk. word for "weight" or "outweighs" (NIV) is used are all negative connotations of burden. Having an eternal burden of glory is a burden I don't think any of us would mind bearing. The angel told Daniel, "Those who are wise will shine like the brightness of the heavens, and those who lead many to righteousness, like the stars for ever and ever." Dan 12:3