2Cor 6:3 Be Reputable

bcbs...@yahoo.com

Feb 14, 2024, 6:20:59 AMFeb 14
to Bcbsr
Be Reputable

2Cor 6:3 We put no stumbling block in anyone’s path, so that our ministry will not be discredited.

For example Paul, though he was entitled to it, intentionally refused payment for his services but rather earned money by working at a secular job so that he may offer the gospel free of charge.

"Don’t we have the right to take a believing wife along with us, as do the other apostles and the Lord’s brothers and Cephas? Or is it only I and Barnabas who must work for a living?" ... "If others have this right of support from you, shouldn’t we have it all the more? But we did not use this right. On the contrary, we put up with anything rather than hinder the gospel of Christ." ... "Though I am free and belong to no man, I make myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible." 1Cor 9:5,6,12,19 And "Was it a sin for me to lower myself in order to elevate you by preaching the gospel of God to you free of charge?" 2Cor 11:7  And such a lifestyle he instructs others to follow. To the Ephesian elders he says, "I have not coveted anyone’s silver or gold or clothing. You yourselves know that these hands of mine have supplied my own needs and the needs of my companions.  In everything I did, I showed you that by this kind of hard work we must help the weak, remembering the words the Lord Jesus himself said: ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’" Acts 20:31-35 Sadly to say an example of which few Christian leaders have historically chosen to follow.  "For everyone looks out for his own interests, not those of Jesus Christ." Php 2:21, refusing to sacrifice personal rights and freedoms resulting in many a stumbling block throughout the history of Christianity. Yes we have freedoms in Christ, "Be careful, however, that the exercise of your freedom does not become a stumbling block to the weak." 1Cor 8:9