1Cor 7:16 Save Your Family

bcbs...@yahoo.com

Jun 5, 2023, 6:41:53 AM6/5/23
to Bcbsr
Save Your Family

1Cor 7:16  How do you know, wife, whether you will save your husband? Or, how do you know, husband, whether you will save your wife?

This is the question not only for those struggling with a reason to stay married to the unbeliever, but also for those who have been divorced out of the marriage. How do you know whether or not your spouse my reconcile with you in the future? This is another reason to stay unmarried if divorced. Consider Paul. No one would have predicted he would have become a Christian. But there you have it. So as unlikely as it may seem, do not make presumptions about your spouse's future decisions. Do not presume they will never come to faith. And furthermore by staying unmarried until you reconcile, consider what lesson you are teaching them, and how you are also following God's example.

Likewise for those married and living with an unbelieving spouse. Consider what it says of believing wives for example. "Wives, in the same way be submissive to your husbands so that, if any of them do not believe the word, they may be won over without words by the behavior of their wives, when they see the purity and reverence of your lives." 1Peter 3:1,2 Jesus came to seek and to save those who are lost. But notice the significance of your role in that process. He says, "you will save", not "Jesus will save." Paul tells us that we are God's instrument, God's ambassador for Christ. God relies upon our cooperation to save people. The saints need to win a hearing, and the saints need to tell them the gospel. If they come to saving faith - YOU SAVED THEM!  Paul is encouraging evangelism here by giving the saints a sense of their significance and of the privilege God has given us in the process of saving people. Now go and save your family.