2Cor 5:15 Living for Jesus

bcbs...@yahoo.com

Feb 7, 2024, 7:46:10 AMFeb 7
to Bcbsr
Living for Jesus

2Cor 5:15 And he died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again.

In becoming a Christian, understand the person is pledging allegiance to Jesus Christ as Lord with the intention of doing what he said. "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved." Rom 10:13, and what does Jesus understand this to mean? He says, "Why do you call me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ and do not do what I say?" Luke 6:46 To call Jesus "Lord" is to pledge one's intention to doing what he said. Thus Jesus said, "Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven." Mt 7:21 The Christian is to live in service to Jesus Christ. But such in fact should come naturally to the saint as the next verses indicate, but not without discipline. For even in his day Paul characterized the vast majority of Christians (indeed, Christian ministry workers) with this phrase, "everyone looks out for his own interests, not those of Jesus Christ." Php 2:21

What are the implications of this in your life? And if it came down to an either-or evaluation would it be determined that you are living for yourself or for Jesus Christ? And what area can you improve upon?