Coverage Status and Dates

22 views
Skip to first unread message

Dominic Barredo

unread,
Sep 16, 2026, 5:56:14 PMSep 16
to Beneficiary Claims Data API (BCDA) Community
Hi,

I was wondering what values are sent for the Coverage .status resource. FHIR HL7 defines possible values of “active”, “cancelled”, “draft”, and “entered-in-error” but I only see “active” and “cancelled” in the sandbox data. Does this mean BCDA doesn’t use “draft” and “entered-in-error”? Additionally, what is “cancelled” used to signify - the sandbox data seems to have an extension on all cancelled beneficiaries that said they are deceased. Is “cancelled” always used to signify a beneficiary being deceased or are there other reasons for being “cancelled”? Can a patient ever be cancelled on just Part A but not Part B?

Also, when looking at the sandbox data I noticed nothing has a period start or end date. Does BCDA data normally have no period start or end dates or is this just something in the sandbox?

Thanks,

Dominic
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages