Feedback on draft-cheng-iccrg-delivery-rate-estimation-02

閲覧: 53 回
最初の未読メッセージにスキップ

Junho Choi

未読、
2022/10/14 17:13:212022/10/14
To: BBR Development、ic...@irtf.org
(I shared this report with the authors and they advised to share the information with bbr-dev and iccrg, so posting here again)

While implementing this spec (the main purpose is to add BBR on quiche), I think the following part needs some update.

> 3.2. Transmitting or retransmitting a data packet
> SendPacket(Packet P):
       if (SND.NXT == SND.UNA)  /* no packets in flight yet? */
         C.first_sent_time  = C.delivered_time = Now()
-->
       if (SND.NXT == SND.UNA)  /* no packets in flight yet? */
         C.first_sent_time  = C.delivered_time = P.sent_time

I also made this change on quiche (https://github.com/cloudflare/quiche/pull/1337) and got some good results as well.

--
Junho Choi <junho dot choi at gmail.com> | https://saturnsoft.net

Neal Cardwell

未読、
2022/10/14 17:19:352022/10/14
To: Junho Choi、BBR Development、ic...@irtf.org
Hi Junho,

Thanks for posting this issue to the bbr-dev and ICCRG lists, and thank you very much for the bug report!

As noted in our recent e-mail discussion, your fix looks correct to me; as you note, your fixed version is what the Linux code in tcp_rate.c is already doing. :-) And so I have updated our team's internal copy of draft-cheng-iccrg-delivery-rate-estimation so that next time we publish an update this fix will be included. I've also added your name to the acknowledgment section.

Thanks!
neal

全員に返信
投稿者に返信