Issues with BBRv3 Kernel Installation on Certain Machines

Li Zonglun

Feb 6, 2024, 8:47:46 AMFeb 6
to BBR Development

Hi All,

I encountered a peculiar issue while installing a kernel integrated with BBRv3. Despite following the identical installation instructions across different machines, I observed that while some machines boot into the new kernel without any problems, others fail to boot normally with the same error information. Below is the detailed informationbbrv3-1.jpg

It appears that the issue might be related to the iwlwifi module. I'm curious if anyone else has faced this problem and managed to resolve it effectively. By the way, the two machines with the same problem as shown above are relatively newer desktops.

Neal Cardwell

Feb 6, 2024, 9:02:17 AMFeb 6
to Li Zonglun, BBR Development
Looks like a bug in the driver for your Intel wireless chip. Interestingly, I see references to those symptoms as far back as 2018:

I suppose you could try a different hardware or VM platform, or wait until BBRv3 has been rebased onto the latest net-next to see if the iwlwifi bug has been fixed? Sorry I don't have a more satisfying answer.

best regards,
neal