gQUIC BBRv3

Peilong Jiang

Jun 25, 2024, 8:54:54 AM (8 days ago) Jun 25
to BBR Development
Hello all.
Do the BBR dev team have plans to implement BBrv3 on gQUIC?I really hope to test the performance of BBrv3 on gQUIC.

ians...@google.com

Jun 25, 2024, 10:21:46 AM (8 days ago) Jun 25
to BBR Development
Hi,

If by gQUIC you mean Google's implementation of QUIC and HTTP/3, then yes we do.  Most of the mechanisms have been implemented and most of the constant changes have already been made, so right now our BBRv2 is really ~BBRv2.5.  There are a few more small changes to be made to make it identical to TCP BBRv3.  The changes themselves are small, but typically we like to validate their impact individually to ensure they don't cause regressions, which takes more time.

Additionally, there's ongoing work to support L4S style ECN marking in the QUIC BBRv3 implementation.

Thanks, Ian

Peilong Jiang

Jun 27, 2024, 11:06:02 AM (6 days ago) Jun 27
to BBR Development
Yes,  what I mean by gQUIC is Google's implemen of QUIC. Looking forward to the official release of BBRv3 in gQUIC.

Thank you for your prompt replay.