Re: [bbr-dev] How to specify the BBR Congestion Control Algorithm for each port

Holger Hoffstätte

Dec 11, 2021, 1:31:25 PM12/11/21
to bbr...@googlegroups.com
On 2021-12-11 19:12, Dhvit Mehta wrote:
> I want to know if I can allow only a few ports to use BBR, I want to
> run Cubic or any other algorithm on the other ports
>
> As far as I know once BBR is enabled using the systctl method it will
> be used for all TCP connections on the sender side

AFAIK the only other way to configure a specific connection on a specific port
is using setsockopt(socket, IPPROTO_TCP, TCP_CONGESTION, ...);

For a complete example see:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/59265004/how-to-change-tcp-congestion-control-algorithm-using-setsockopt-call-from-c

-h

Neal Cardwell

Dec 11, 2021, 2:56:51 PM12/11/21
to Dhvit Mehta, BBR Development
You can use a BPF program to do that sort of thing. Here's an example BPF program to set the congestion control algorithm based on the port number and IP address range:

neal