Clipping selection with multiple lines - add markdown quote?

Craig Heilman

May 22, 2024, 11:04:02 AMMay 22
to bbe...@googlegroups.com
I’m trying to configure a clipping to add the markdown quote “> “ to the selection whether the selection is a single line or multiple lines.

Examples:

Single line selection

becomes

> Single line selection

Selection line 1
Selection line 2
Selection line 3

becomes

> Selection line 1
> Selection line 2
> Selection line 3

Is this possible with a clipping or do I need to use something like Prefix/Suffix Lines instead?

Thanks,

Craig

--
Craig Heilman
Bugaboo Software

Rich Siegel

May 22, 2024, 11:09:53 AMMay 22
to bbe...@googlegroups.com
On 22 May 2024, at 11:03, Craig Heilman wrote:

> I’m trying to configure a clipping to add the markdown quote “> “ to the selection whether the selection is a single line or multiple lines.
>
> Examples:
>
> Single line selection
>
> becomes
>
>> Single line selection
>
> Selection line 1
> Selection line 2
> Selection line 3
>
> becomes
>
>> Selection line 1
>> Selection line 2
>> Selection line 3
>
> Is this possible with a clipping or do I need to use something like Prefix/Suffix Lines instead?

Text => Increase Quote Level will probably do what you need.

R.

--
Rich Siegel Bare Bones Software, Inc.
<sie...@barebones.com> <https://www.barebones.com/>

Someday I'll look back on all this and laugh... until they sedate me.