Copilot support?

James Reynolds

Mar 28, 2023, 5:25:03 PM3/28/23
to BBEdit Talk
I'm trying GitHub Copilot. I don't want to use VSCode. I have no idea how hard it is to use with BBEdit. Does anyone know?

James Reynolds

Steve deRosier

Mar 28, 2023, 6:52:33 PM3/28/23
to bbe...@googlegroups.com
I imagine it wouldn't be impossible, but barebones would be in the best place to implement it. But maybe you could write a language module for it or use the scripting capabilities? People have gotten it working well in Emacs: https://robert.kra.hn/posts/2023-02-22-copilot-emacs-setup/

- Steve

--
This is the BBEdit Talk public discussion group. If you have a feature request or need technical support, please email "sup...@barebones.com" rather than posting here. Follow @bbedit on Twitter: <https://twitter.com/bbedit>
---

Stéphane Plaisance

Jun 13, 2024, 10:40:12 AMJun 13
to BBEdit Talk
I just got access to copilot and find it really attractive to say the least.
If Barebones could plug it to BBEdit it would really benefit to Users like me.
I do not have the sckills to develop this language module referred to by Steve (please Barebones team !!)

Rich Siegel

Jun 13, 2024, 10:41:42 AMJun 13
to BBEdit Talk
On 13 Jun 2024, at 10:26, Stéphane Plaisance wrote:

> I just got access to copilot and find it really attractive to say the least.
> If Barebones could plug it to BBEdit it would really benefit to Users like
> me.
> I do not have the sckills to develop this language module referred to by
> Steve (please Barebones team !!)

GitHub's official position is that they do not intend for any editors to support Copilot other than their own (and vim), so the API is not publicly documented or supported.

R.

--
Rich Siegel Bare Bones Software, Inc.
<sie...@barebones.com> <https://www.barebones.com/>

Someday I'll look back on all this and laugh... until they sedate me.