Linkage

18 vues

Roddy Stegemann

non lue,
13 mai 2022, 09:26:1613/05/2022
à BBEdit Talk
It was suggested by BBEdit that I pose my dilemma here.

My dilemma is two-fold:

1) I have files that I suspect are lying idle having been abandoned in the course of development by more pressing matters.  I would like to clean these files out before launching, but am afraid that I might remove something that is in use.  The best way to distinguish files that are idle from those that are not would be to discover files with no linkage.
2) I need to perform this operation on a remote site.

Can anyone help in these regards?

Roddy Stegemann
First Hill, Seattle, Washington

Fletcher Sandbeck

non lue,
13 mai 2022, 18:56:2413/05/2022
à bbe...@googlegroups.com
You can use a tool like Site Sucker to spider a site and download all the files that are linked from the main access access points. For example, you could find out all of the pages there are linked from the home page. You should also consider that some pages might not be linked but are still accessed such as if you have local API calls through JavaScript, robots.txt file, favicon, or site map.

If the site is active then you an also look at analytics or web logs to find out what pages have actually been accessed but this might not be as useful before a site launches.

Whatever strategy you use, using version control is a good idea since that will make it easier to get back any files you delete that you find you need later.

[fletcher]

--
This is the BBEdit Talk public discussion group. If you have a feature request or need technical support, please email "sup...@barebones.com" rather than posting here. Follow @bbedit on Twitter: <https://twitter.com/bbedit>
---

Répondre à tous
Répondre à l'auteur
Transférer