Any instructions to downgrade?

Ken Corey

May 20, 2024, 1:19:04 PMMay 20
to BBEdit Talk
I bought BBEdit back in 13, and upgraded to 14.  when I rebooted my computer this time, I'm now in evaluation mode with 15.1.

I don't consciously remember upgrading, but I must have.

Between jobs right now, so I'd like to continue on 14 instead of upgrading to 15 just this minute.

Can anyone point me to instructions to downgrade to 14.latest again?

-Ken

Ulrich Kapp

May 20, 2024, 4:34:46 PMMay 20
to BBEdit Talk
Just klick on this link: https://www.barebones.com/support/bbedit/updates.html#new14

Cheers, Ulrich

Darren Duncan

May 20, 2024, 4:34:51 PMMay 20
to bbe...@googlegroups.com
Downgrading or upgrading is very easy.

On BareBone's website front page in the menu on the right side is a prominent
link "Older BBEdit versions" which goes here:

https://www.barebones.com/support/bbedit/updates.html

Then you can download the version you want.

-- Darren Duncan

Ken Corey

May 21, 2024, 3:23:53 AMMay 21
to BBEdit Talk
Yep, just downloaded 14.6.9, and replaced the 15.1, and all is well.  I had been slightly worried about the structure of the meta data and setup changing, but it was a non-event. Thanks!

Ken Corey

May 21, 2024, 3:24:31 AMMay 21
to BBEdit Talk
Thanks, Darren.