Looking for accessibility testers…

Rich Siegel

Sep 18, 2023, 10:21:11 AM9/18/23
to BBEdit Talk
Good morning all,

We've been laying some groundwork to improve accessibility in BBEdit for unannounced future versions.

This consists of changes intended to improve compatibility with various accessibility clients, which include the macOS VoiceOver screen reader, the "Full Keyboard Access" feature, and third-party tools which use the accessibility APIs provided by the OS to control applications.

If you, or a colleague use BBEdit and/or VoiceOver and/or the "Full Keyboard Access" provided by macOS on a regular basis, *and* you are willing to use pre-release versions of BBEdit, *and* you are willing to report malfunctions or unexpected behaviors to us, please send an email to <sup...@barebones.com> and let us know.

(Please don't reply on the list; this is a private beta, and that includes maintaining *your* privacy. :-) )

R.

--
Rich Siegel Bare Bones Software, Inc.
<sie...@barebones.com> <https://www.barebones.com/>

Someday I'll look back on all this and laugh... until they sedate me.