BBEdit really laggy in MacOS Ventura

Mark Allison

Jun 7, 2022, 9:44:06 AM6/7/22
to BBEdit Talk
Just a heads-up for anyone thinking about installing the Developer Preview of Ventura—BBEdit is running really slowly. Obviously don't expect BareBones to rush out and fix it since it may be an OS bug that Apple will fix. Just wanted users to be aware that an issue exists.

Patrick Woolsey

Jun 7, 2022, 9:48:30 AM6/7/22
to bbe...@googlegroups.com
On Jun 07, 2022, at 08:26, Mark Allison <markal...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Just a heads-up for anyone thinking about installing the Developer Preview of Ventura—BBEdit is running really slowly. Obviously don't expect BareBones to rush out and fix it since it may be an OS bug that Apple will fix. Just wanted users to be aware that an issue exists.

As a reminder now that we've entered macOS beta season (some folks call it "summer" ;-) again:

If you encounter _any_ sort of trouble while using BBEdit under a beta OS (especially of such early vintage), please use the Feedback Assistant to file a complete bug report with Apple, and they know how to find us if need be. :-)

Regards,

Patrick Woolsey
==
Bare Bones Software, Inc. <https://www.barebones.com/>

Dimitry Markman

Jun 7, 2022, 10:45:22 AM6/7/22
to bbe...@googlegroups.com
Usually macOS betas are debug build, hence slowness I guess

Sent from my iPad