Share BBEdit configuration across multiple machines

Diego

Sep 17, 2023, 6:30:30 AM9/17/23
to BBEdit Talk
I was wondering if there was a way that I could share the same BBEdit configuration (Preferences, Application Scripts, other scripts, colour schemes, etc) across two Macs?

Would just having BBEdit's Application Support folder live in iCloud suffice?
Message has been deleted

Rich Siegel

Sep 17, 2023, 5:02:30 PM9/17/23
to BBEdit Talk
On 17 Sep 2023, at 3:49, Diego wrote:

> I was wondering if there was a way that I could share the same BBEdit
> configuration (Preferences, Application Scripts, other scripts, colour
> schemes, etc) across two Macs?

It's not possible to share preferences settings (those are managed by the OS), but chapter 2 of the user manual (on the Help menu) has instructions for sharing configuration (the application support folder, and its contents) using Dropbox or iCloud Drive.

(We don't recommend that you use iCloud Drive; it has proven somewhat troublesome. But we can't stop you from trying.)

R.

--
Rich Siegel Bare Bones Software, Inc.
<sie...@barebones.com> <https://www.barebones.com/>

Someday I'll look back on all this and laugh... until they sedate me.