[ANN] BBEdit 14.5

Rich Siegel

Jun 28, 2022, 12:22:10 PM6/28/22
to bbe...@googlegroups.com
Good { morning, afternoon, evening },

We are pleased to announce the release and immediate availability of BBEdit 14.5.

This is a free update for anyone using BBEdit 14 (as well as for anyone using 11.6.8 or later in Free Mode), and includes a number of feature additions, refinements to existing features, and fixes for reported issues.

Notable (among many other things) in this update:

* Expanded LSP feature support: fix-me, Code Actions, and symbol renaming. (Support and behaviors vary by language and server.)

* Tail Mode for improved log viewing;

* Updated macOS requirements to 10.15.4 or later;

* Performance improvements and fixes for reported issues.

A complete digest of the changes since 14.1.2 is available here:

<https://www.barebones.com/support/bbedit/notes-14.5.html>

If you're already using BBEdit 14 (outside of the Mac App Store), you can choose "Check for Updates" from the BBEdit menu, or get the update from the BBEdit updates page:

<https://www.barebones.com/support/bbedit/updates.html>

For those using an older version: if you would like to upgrade your paid BBEdit license, you are welcome to do so, starting here:

<https://www.barebones.com/store/bbedit_upgrades.html> .

BBEdit 14 is also available in the Mac App Store. If you have an active subscription, all of BBEdit 14.5's advanced features are active immediately: no additional purchase is required.

Meanwhile, BBEdit offers a 30-day evaluation period. During that period, all of BBEdit’s features are available. When it ends, you can still use BBEdit — with no nag screens or unsolicited interruptions, for free, forever.

After the evaluation period, you may re-enable all of BBEdit’s exclusive features at any time by purchasing a license (at a discount, if you have a paid license for a previous version).

<https://www.barebones.com/products/bbedit/download.html>

Enjoy,

R.
--
Rich Siegel Bare Bones Software, Inc.
<sie...@barebones.com> <https://www.barebones.com/>

Someday I'll look back on all this and laugh... until they sedate me.