Autocompletion Optimization

BeeRich33

Mar 27, 2022, 3:09:45 PM3/27/22
to BBEdit Talk
Hi folks.

Just wondering how I can get my Ruby modules and methods into autocomplete.  I just started LSP and it doesn't seem to be doing much for me, but I tripped over that new feature while reading up on autocompletion.  I thought it might have a way of sniffing my module/method files.

The vast majority of my current work is in a development file at path ~/app.rb.  I include ~/methods.rb and ~/classes.rb whose entries are currently not showing up as autocomplete qualifiers in the popup.  How can I get these to show up?  Is there a way to format the output?

example: Modulename::methodname

Second question:  This autocomplete popup has 6 suggestions, with scrolling for further options.  Can I increase this value somehow, or even have it expand to the height of my display?  I searched Expert Prefs, but found nothing.

I could export my preferred formats to text files for dummy clippings, but I'm thinking there is a better way of doing this.

Cheers