Blackberry screen reader working on Q10 running 10.2.1

Christian

Nov 18, 2013, 4:01:57 PM11/18/13
to bbac...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,
I posted a question onto the Crackberry discussion forums and I got a reply back from a user who was running the latest 10.2.1 leak build and the screen reader is actually working on the Q10!
He could disable/enable it with tripple pressing the power button and it read back the menu's and an email message he tried it on.
So now the question is, how good is it and if it will read other things such as the web browser, calendar, etc.
Would be awsome to try it!
Christian

Jeffrey D. Stark

Nov 18, 2013, 7:04:15 PM11/18/13
to bbac...@googlegroups.com
I was told by someone actually using it that it isn't ready for primetime
(in any way) on the q10 ...
Gesture conflicts and other stuff.

Christian

Nov 19, 2013, 2:11:43 PM11/19/13
to bbac...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Well, just got this tip.
http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/55621/mar1371227723667.jsp
That is for the Q10 specific.
So, maybe, it will work.
Would be verey interesting to know.
Christian

Stuart Lawler

Nov 25, 2013, 2:20:40 PM11/25/13
to bbac...@googlegroups.com
It isn't even ready for public use on the Z30, and it is still very much a beta product.

I think we are looking at sometime around the middle of 2014 before this accessibility solution will be usable.

Stuart