Fwd: RE: Blackberry screen reader now on Z30

Christian

Nov 4, 2013, 1:27:25 PM11/4/13
to bbac...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,
So now things seems to happen I think.
What do you think?
Really interesting!
Got this email from the Blackberry staff.
*********** BEGIN FORWARDED MESSAGE ***********

On 2013-11-04 at 15:52 Nichole Hoang <nho...@blackberry.com> wrote:

>Good morning Christian,
>
>Thanks for reaching out. The BlackBerry Screen Reader is now available on
>the BlackBerry Z30 model and we are in the process of making it available
>on future models running on the BlackBerry 10 OS as well.
>
>Kind regards,
>
>Nichole Hoang
>Corporate Responsibility Associate
>Office: (519) 888-7465 ext. 11181
>BlackBerry: (519) 498-6738
>PIN: 2A2946E0
>
>[BlackBerry Logo]

*********** END FORWARDED MESSAGE ***********

Loreal Lavigna

Nov 4, 2013, 8:25:57 PM11/4/13
to bbac...@googlegroups.com
I think this will be great and would love to find out if this is available
in the US and which carriers the device is on.

Loreal Lavigna
Medical Transcriptionist at Acusis, LLC.
Sunday - Thursday 12:00a.m. - 4:00 a.m.
Phone: (518)330-5188
Email: Loreal....@acusis.com

Pete Nalda

Nov 4, 2013, 10:54:15 PM11/4/13
to bbac...@googlegroups.com
While I applaud them for getting this technology forward, I wonder why it’s only the z models getting this? Seems the Q series would serve visually impaired people better. I know most folks will adapt, but if a screenreader became available for the Q10, I’ve be taking another look at Blackberry for sure. There’s just nothing quite like those physical keyboards. YMMV.
Egun On, Lagunak! (Basque for G'day, Mates)
Louie P. "Pete" Nalda
http://www.myspace.com/musikonalda
http://www.facebook.com/lpnalda
http://www.linkedin.com/in/lpnalda
Twitter @lpnalda

Loreal Lavigna

Nov 5, 2013, 1:42:15 AM11/5/13
to bbac...@googlegroups.com

Personally, I would love to see this on the Q Series of the BlackBerry 10 devices. I have to agree with Pete on this. While the touch screen is extremely easy to adapt to overall given the availability of phones with touch screens on both the Android and the Apple sides of the coin, having a phone with an available QWERTY keyboard would make things I think that much more simplified for individuals who like both touch screen as well as physical keyboard devices.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4

faisal malik

Nov 5, 2013, 3:57:02 PM11/5/13
to bbac...@googlegroups.com
Great news, we'll love it soon on Q10 too..

Warm Regards,
Faisal Malik
The world suffers a lot. Not because of the violence of bad people, But because of the silence of good people!

Jas

Nov 13, 2013, 8:20:15 AM11/13/13
to bbac...@googlegroups.com
Thank you so much Christian, I have been searching and emailing Rim in regards to this information but nobody reply. Hopefully the screenreader will be available on Q10 soon.. Really need to change my nokia phone.

Best regards
Jas