Fwd: RE: screenreader on q10 became useless after updateing to 10.3.1

Suman Bhokray

Mar 3, 2015, 9:01:50 AM3/3/15
to bbac...@googlegroups.com

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: RE: screenreader on q10 became useless after updateing to 10.3.1
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2015 20:45:13 +0000
From: Rosemary Misetich <rmis...@blackberry.com>
To: ad...@bhokray.com <ad...@bhokray.com>

Hi Suman,

Below are responses to the issues you raised in your most recent email.
Reported issues were tested using the same software build
(10.3.1.1565) you are running on your device.

1. Screen reader lag - You have indicated that the lag problem is ok
after the phone restart. Can you confirm the 5-10 second lag has
disappeared? Is the change attributed to the phone restart or was the
lag issue resolved by restarting the screen reader? Any details you can
provide to help us reproduce this issue internally to resolve and close
the issue would be helpful.
2. Reading text messages - We were able to reproduce this issue
internally. We recommend trying the following: double tap with two
fingers (to enter text navigation mode), swipe up to increase the text
chunk size (currently on word) and then double tap with two fingers (to
exit text navigation mode).
3. Whats App - We have logged this issue for further investigation.
4. Scrolling speed - We are currently investigating the speed of the
scroll function. To assist you with scrolling for the time being, use N
to scroll a page down and P to scroll a page up. There will be no
feedback indicating that the page has scrolled but you can use touch and
explore to set the point of regard to a new item.
5. Scrolling in accessibility menu - We have been unsuccessful in
reproducing this issue. When tested internally, scrolling does travel
down the page although the point of regard did not update with the
scroll. This issue has been logged and we are working to resolve it for
a future release.
6. Ending a call - We were successful in ending incoming or active
calls using a two finger double tap and hold. The calls ended upon
release (i.e. once fingers were lifted off screen). Can you provide
more details regarding the instances in which you noted this bug. Are
you on the call for a period of time before hanging up? Are you using a
headset or holding the phone to your ear?
7. Deleted letters not being read when typing text - We were unable to
reproduce this issue. Can you provide additional details of when and
which screens you were experiencing this issue?
8. Shortcuts and speed dial - Settings screen was tested to be
accessible. The bug linked to the shortcuts has been logged for further
investigation.
9. Weather App - This is a known issue we are working to resolve in a
future release.
10. Screen Reader Voice - The TTS engine was upgraded for 10.3.

There is currently no supported means of reverting back to 10.2 once a
device has been upgraded to 10.3.

Regards,
Rose

Mar 3, 2015, 9:02:47 AM3/3/15