Turn off double tiping mode on blackberry z10

Iksi Hacker

Jun 19, 2016, 12:08:44 PM6/19/16
to bbaccess
Hi all. How i can swich tiping mode from double tiping to touch tiping
on blackberry z10? Thanks, and best regards.

Suman Bhokray

Jun 19, 2016, 4:08:29 PM6/19/16
to bbac...@googlegroups.com
I don't think that can be done on BB phones.

Iksi Hacker

Jun 19, 2016, 4:15:24 PM6/19/16
to bbac...@googlegroups.com
Hi. Are you shure? maby with another keyboard for example google keyboard?

Suman Bhokray

Jun 19, 2016, 5:24:02 PM6/19/16
to bbac...@googlegroups.com
I never tried with other keyboard apps, but am sure with the BB keyboard.

Rajiv Shah

Jun 19, 2016, 5:29:54 PM6/19/16
to bbac...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

I am sure as well. I use one for work and I also got a confirmation from BlackBerry accessibility support that this is something that they plan not to implement. This is a very poor device in my opinion. At work, we have started using another application that uses either Android or Iphones in conjunction with the BlackBerry server. It is called Good. I believe this is an application and also has a server piece.

Thank you.

Regards,

Rajiv

Iksi Hacker

Jun 19, 2016, 7:23:21 PM6/19/16
to bbac...@googlegroups.com
Hi, did you know does possible install and using android keyboard and
android tts on bb as well? Thanks, and best regards.

Jeffrey D. Stark

Jun 19, 2016, 10:06:59 PM6/19/16
to bbac...@googlegroups.com
Nope not possible

Jun 19, 2016, 10:08:50 PM6/19/16
to bbac...@googlegroups.com
You can't install android apps that make up the google framework or use it on the blackberry OS ... it is not android.

Only the new blackberry priv is the only model that runs android.

On all others you only have limited access to some android apps but you are not running android.

Jun 19, 2016, 11:34:16 PM6/19/16
to bbac...@googlegroups.com
I got google play store installed on my wife's Z10, and most of the
android apps are working.

I shall try installing some android keyboard apps today on her mobile
and do let you know about it.

wishes

Suman Bhokray.

Iksi Hacker

Jun 20, 2016, 6:56:42 AM6/20/16
to bbac...@googlegroups.com
hi Suman, thank you for trying keyboards, please post results. Thanks,
and best regards.

Jeffrey Stark

Jun 20, 2016, 8:32:39 AM6/20/16
to bbac...@googlegroups.com, Iksi Hacker
Would you mind explaining how you got the Google Play Store on the phone?
Are you sure it is not the Amazon Play Store? Also comma did you have to
sideload it?

Suman Bhokray

Jun 21, 2016, 4:42:25 PM6/21/16
to bbac...@googlegroups.com, Iksi Hacker
you can very well install google play store on your blackberry, i have
installed it on my wife's Z10 and on my Q10, it works great!

walk through this link to know how to install google play store on your
phone.

https://cobalt232.github.io/playstore/

I thank cobalt232 for making this possible.

wishes

Suman Bhokray.

Jeffrey D. Stark

Jun 22, 2016, 6:34:06 PM6/22/16
to bbac...@googlegroups.com, Iksi Hacker
Ok, fair enough, but if you use your blackberry for work, this is a hack and will not be allowed.

Suman Bhokray

Jun 23, 2016, 2:20:58 AM6/23/16
to bbac...@googlegroups.com, Iksi Hacker
no it is not a hack, it is just a software patch worked on the google
play app and 2 other components.

your blackberry is not going to compromise on security, so feel free to
install google play store on your BB.

Jeffrey Stark

Jun 23, 2016, 6:14:44 AM6/23/16
to bbac...@googlegroups.com, Iksi Hacker, Suman Bhokray
Unfortunately, this is considered a hack by it department and will not be
allowed. I have verified this with our It security section

Suman Bhokray

Jun 23, 2016, 4:42:39 PM6/23/16
to Jeffrey Stark, bbac...@googlegroups.com, Iksi Hacker
thank god, my IT security team has declared this as safe, and it is the
case with the other top firms in India.

John Hayman

Jun 27, 2016, 8:16:51 AM6/27/16
to Blackberry Access
The BlackBerry virtual keyboard only supports double typing.  There is no setting to change it to touch typing.

While you can install Android applications (on BB 10 devices), there are certain system applications that you cannot replace.  For example, you cannot replace the system launcher (Home screen), the virtual keyboard or the Screen Reader.