BB-norm+ner :: Duplicate Entity Mentions for Few Documents In the Ground Truth Annotations

Usama Yaseen

Jul 24, 2019, 11:45:26 AM7/24/19
to BB 2019
Dear Organizers,

For BB-norm+ner task, I noticed there are some duplicates entity mentions in the gold annotations; for example for document BB-norm+ner-12109661.a2 (also attached); 'Microorganism 10 29 Helicobacter pylori' is repeated three times, 'Habitat 86 93 gastric'  is also repeated for three times with the exact same span but different T-index. I observed this behavior in few other documents as well. I am afraid this might effect the recall in the evaluation by wrongly penalizing the missed entity mentions. Would be great if you can have a look and if this really is the problem than please release the corrected version.

Many Thanks!

Best Regards,
Usama
BB-norm+ner-12109661.a2

Robert Bossy

Jul 25, 2019, 3:43:19 AM7/25/19
to BB 2019
Hi,

indeed duplicate and triplicate entities are a mistake. We will release a corrected data set ASAP.

Robert