Ideas for PSGMuseum

Harini J

Dec 14, 2013, 9:15:49 PM12/14/13
to bazzi...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,
     I'm sure most of you would have checked out the event page (https://www.facebook.com/PSGmuseum). Here is some more info on the Ideas contest. The contest is open even if you are not coming for the event. So friends outside Bay Area (either in or outside USA), this is your chance to participate! Its also open to alumni's family. Please do send your ideas for the museum. If you have any questions, please get back to me and I'll help answer them soon.
Thanks,
Harini

PS: more than half the tickets for the event have been sold out! So if you are thinking of coming, please please do let me know and confirm your ticket. A lot of professors including Dr.Kandasamy and Dr.Subharani are coming from India. This would be a great chance to meet up with them and with seniors/juniors (not to mention hear Tech music again and have fun!!).

Dear PSG friends:

To commemorate the centenary of GRD, the founder principal of PSG Tech, PSG Sons and Charities is building a large and modern Science & Technology Museum at Neelambur, 5KM from Coimbatore airport on the way to Avinashi. The objective is to impart scientific knowledge in an interactive and fun way to school children and college students.

Alumni’s participation is being sought for suggesting the type of exhibits the museum is going to have. Exhibit sponsorship is optional. With your caring and involvement, this museum would be to Coimbatore what Taj Mahal is to India --a must-see for the young and old alike.

To create awareness about it, North American PSG Tech Alumni Association is organizing a get-together, aptly named Music For Museum, on Feb 8th in the San Francisco Bay Area. There is going to be ton music performed by the former members of Tek Music coming from all over the US. With alumni from 1960 to 2012 attending and more than half the tickets already sold as of 13th December, it is going to be a sold-out event.

Besides music, there is going to be a panel discussion on “US College Admissions Process” moderated by Prof. Rajkumar of Carnegie Mellon. He is also going to talk about his driverless car project.

In addition, there is a competition for museum exhibits. Alumni of all ages and their families, either as a group or alone, can submit as many entries as they can. It is free and one doesn’t have to attend the above event to participate.

If you have trouble coming up with ideas, visit a nearby science and tech museum. Here are the ones in the Bay Area:

1.  California Academy of Sciences - http://www.calacademy.org/
2.  Exploratorium - http://www.exploratorium.edu/
3.  The Tech Museum of Innovation - http://www.thetech.org/
4.  Chabot Space and Science Center - http://www.chabotspace.org/
5.  Lawrence Hall of Science - http://www.lawrencehallofscience.org/
6.  Children's Discovery Museum - http://www.cdm.org/
7.  Computer History Museum - http://www.computerhistory.org/

What a rare opportunity to come together and shine as a batch. So, what are you waiting for? Get started and give your brain a good workout.

Yours Sincerely,
The Event Team.