Fwd: Mail from Dr.R.Rudramoorthy, Principal, PSG College of Technology

S Venkata Ramanan

Nov 11, 2016, 2:52:23 AM11/11/16
to Bazzingerz

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Alumni Congress 2016 <techalumn...@gmail.com>
Date: 9 November 2016 at 23:14
Subject: Mail from Dr.R.Rudramoorthy, Principal, PSG College of Technology

Dear PSG Tech Alumnus of 2007 batch,

Greetings from the Interactive Sessions Team of Alumni Congress 2016.

Our sincere appreciations for being a successful alumnus of PSG College of Technology.

Alumni Congress is an event ​designed to set aside our routine responsibilities and relive a fun filled day at our ​campus.   It brings together the ​​illustrious alumni of our institution​, such as you, on a single platform and provide as much networking as possible.   On this day, you may visit your departments, meet your faculties, go around the campus, hostels etc.   Indeed a good opportunity to ​get along with your batch mates, seniors, juniors etc.   All these are besides the planned games, fun events, tech music etc. that are distributed throughout the day.

This edition "Alumni Congress 2016" ​is scheduled for Saturday, 24th December 2016.   I am herewith attaching the e-brochure.    You are most invited to attend the same.   ​Kindly Register yourself as our delegate.   No participation fee.   But pre-registration is very much essential (to keep ourself organized with logistic and food arrangements).   ​

During that afternoon, between 2:00 and 3:30 pm, we have Interactive Sessions where the alumni would share their knowledge with current students.   Indeed a great opportunity on giving back something in kind to our institution.   So far, either you personally, or your batch collectively, might have contributed to ​our institution such as scholarship programs, endowment plans etc.   While we appreciate all those​ sincerely​, the real giving back is the knowledge we have.   This is because, decades back, that is what we took from this institution.   With that knowledge as ​seed​​, ​by ​​​way of pouring time in terms of years and decades​, ​​we ​did ​spread our roots ​in the industry ​amidst various ​challenges we encountered on a day to day basis​.    While we grow, we bend here and there exposing our identity to the light of competition.   Thus, each of us has nurtured that original seed into a beautiful tree​ bearing refined knowledge as fruits​.   ​Perhaps, it ​is ​time to share ​such fruits and spill the seeds for the ​benefit of ​next generation.   Interactive Sessions of Alumni Congress is a potential ground to share ​such fruits​ - your ​refined ​practical knowledge.   Whatever get spilled here would be a potential seed for the next generation.

Mahakavi Subramaniya Bharathiyar once ​wrote:
சென்றிடுவீர் எட்டுத்திக்கும்
கலைச்செல்வங்கள் யாவும் கொணர்ந்திங்கு சேர்ப்பீர்..

I would rather attribute the distribution of our alumni to "சென்றிடுவீர்  எட்டுத்திக்கும்" and this Interactive Sessions as an opportunity to "கலைச்செல்வங்கள் யாவும் கொணர்ந்திங்கு சேர்ப்பீர்".

On this material world, knowledge is one thing, rather the only thing, by giving which we won't loose even an iota of that thing.

As an experienced alumnus, you are at your freewill to choose ​a topic.   ​​On this platform, from the industry people like you, ​​bestowing ​your ​practical knowledge through technical sessions would be the ideal one.   ​In place of technical ​session​, one may​ even​ choose to ​motivate our students on general aspects.   ​Perhaps a workshop on leadership program, ​career development, soft skills etc.   ​

​On these Interactive Sessions, ​one need not be ​so ​elaborate.   It could be short and sweet.   We would like to keep yours in a time module of 20 or 25 minutes.   By the end, as commonly expected, we shall append a Q&A session.   On our Interactive Sessions, we are planning to have three speakers concurrently on the dais.   Thereby, we could provide variety of knowledge and experience to the audience.   Let grouping the speakers, providing facilities, getting right audience etc. be our challenges.    By default, we shall provide you a public address system, projector​ with laptop​, white screen, laser pointers etc.   If you want any other seminar materials then we shall make them available too.

It is not a​​ ​necessity that one has to come physically to the institution to share their knowledge.   We do understand the difficulties of people who are staying abroad.  Logistics of coming over here just for this purpose may not be a practical one.   Thanks to technology, sharing their knowledge is practical one.   To help them exclusively, we are planning to have couple of Video Conferencing sessions too.   The only complication here is, our 2:00 to 3:30 pm IST may not be a convenient time depending upon the time zone you live.   Being a live interactive session, one may have to bear with this.   Sorry about that.

​As a first step, it would be splendid if you express your interest on this.   Thereafter, one among us would be in touch with you.

In these regards, to those who intend to take part on Interactive Sessions, some of the dates to remember are:
1) before 15th November 2016 - confirm your participation as our seminar faculty
2) before 30th November 2016 - provide us your resume, brief write-up on presentation and passport size photo
3) before 10th December 2016 - we shall allot halls and ​prepare a comprehensive seminar workshop schedule
4) before 15th December 2016 - we ​shall ​erect promo banners​ ​
5) 15th December to 23rd December 2016 - Students registration for the seminar workshops
6) 23rd December 2016 - a mock drill session on Video Conferencing - just to make sure that network connectivity works.
7) 24th December 2016 - the D'day.

Let me conclude this mail.   Kindly participate and share your knowledge for the benefit of you and your juniors as well.

Thanks & Regards,
Dr.R.Rudramoorthy, Principal, PSG College of Technology

Interactive Sessions Team
1​) J.Udayanand (1987 BE) - 9443312424
2)​ K.Kesavan (1989 MCA) - 9150910991
3) Dr.V.Mohan Sivakumar (1993 ME) - 9443937663
4) Dr.J.Krishnamoorthi (1997 BE) - 9894141984
5) Dr.G.S.Venkatasubramani (1988 BE) - 9842212109