Can FUSE detect "chdir"?

Karan Chaudhary

Jul 29, 2018, 8:37:39 AM7/29/18
to Bazil File System development
Hi,

This is regarding Go implementation of FUSE.

What I'm trying to do is make an ssh connection to a machine when a
user "cd"s into a directory which represents a virtual machine in a cloud,
using FUSE.

For example if "a/b/c" is a directory mounted via FUSE and if the user
does "cd a/b/c",  the user drops down into remote machine c via ssh.

My question is if it is possible for FUSE to detect "chdir"?

Thanks,
Karan

Tommi Virtanen

Jul 29, 2018, 2:14:51 PM7/29/18
to fgh...@gmail.com, bazi...@googlegroups.com
chdir is not in any way different from any other open of the directory.

But I don't see how a FUSE server could(/should) cause the user session to trigger an SSH session, either. Unless you mean just making files from a remote host visible at a certain directory? That exists, without the dynamic parts, as sshfs (not in Go, at this time).