BazelCon 2021 — Call for Presentations

Joe Hicks

Jul 22, 2021, 4:29:01 PM7/22/21
to Joe Hicks

BazelCon 2021 — Call for Presentations

The virtual version of the annual Bazel conference, BazelCon, will be on November 17th and 18th, 2021. While we aren’t able to meet physically again this year, this virtual event is designed for Bazel users, contributors, and community members to get together to provide a space for learning, networking and community building. We’d love to hear about everything related to Bazel you find interesting, innovative, and challenging. If you have a story or lesson to share, please submit a talk proposal.

If you have a proposal for a presentation at BazelCon 2021, please let us know via this form by August 16, 2021.

  • First time speakers are encouraged and welcome! We can coach / advise on content if desired.

  • If you have a talk concept in mind but would like assistance to develop a full proposal, please leave a comment in the form.

  • Multiple entries are welcome.

  • Presentations must conform to the BazelCon code of conduct.

While all presentations pertaining to Bazel are welcome, the following areas are particularly welcome:

Building Android (AOSP) Platform

Improving build performance

IDE integration with Build / Test tools

Bazel Rules

Building a more Diverse and Inclusive software development tools community

Migration experiences

Case studies using Bazel at scale

Important details to note:

In order to accommodate the online format, talks will be limited to 20 minutes in length and will be pre-recorded. BazelCon 2021 talks will be selected from all submitted talks on August 16, 2021. To ensure a smooth experience for speakers and attendees, speakers will need to use the BazelCon Google Slides template. Each of the presentations will need to be completed, recorded, and submitted no later than October 15, 2021.

Dates to remember:

Call for Presentations closes: August 16, 2021

Speakers begin to be notified: August 20, 2021

Presentations completed, recorded, and submitted: October 15, 2021

BazelCon: November 17th-18th, 2021

If you have any questions, reach out to bazelcon...@google.com.

Thanks,

Joe