Platforms API Directions

John Cater

May 8, 2023, 9:45:57 AM5/8/23
to bazel-discuss
Thanks everyone for your input and ideas in the discussion about Platforms API improvements.

We've gone over the proposals and feedback and selected several projects to work on next. You can see more details on the rationale in this document, but the projects we'll work on next are:

  • Better platform mappings (specifically, allowing target platforms to set flags directly)
  • Easier platform transitions for targets/rules
  • Improve toolchain resolution debugging
Thanks again, and feel free to reach out with anything further you'd like to discuss.

John Cater for Bazel Platforms