Bazel Default Certificate Stores

Harvey Martin

Jan 5, 2023, 10:29:10 AM1/5/23
to bazel-discuss
When running bazel, what certificate store does it default to ?

Note -

I am aiming for a hermetic build, therefor I do not have a local installation of java. I have defined in the .bazelrc file
"
build --java_runtime_version=remotejdk_11
test --java_runtime_version=remotejdk_11
"
Therefore I would assume the certificate store in the jdk installed (which I believe is found in the bazel cache) would be used. However from my testing this doesn't appear to be the case.

When doing a normal "bazel build ..." I encounter certificate issues with certain dependencies.
When specifying the java certificate store found in my bazel cache using --host_jvm_args I don't encounter the issue.

If there is a way to specify the certificate store to be used in the .bashrc file to the remote JDK installed through bazel that would be great. Or just any information around the store used by default.

Thank you