Rolling releases

Fredrik Medley

Apr 28, 2021, 3:51:09 PMApr 28
to bazel-discuss
Apart from the long term support (LTS) release line (4.0.0 and 4.1.0rc4), are there any rolling releases available?

"Rolling releases are periodically cut from Bazel’s main branch. This release cadence involves a continuous delivery of preview releases of the next major Bazel version, which are in sync with Google’s internal Bazel releases."

I also found https://time.graphics/line/483369, showing Bazel 5.0.0-pre.20210318.

Tobias Werth

Apr 29, 2021, 5:46:49 AMApr 29
to Fredrik Medley, Florian Weikert, Philipp Wollermann, bazel-discuss

Fredrik Medley

May 21, 2021, 10:03:51 AMMay 21
to bazel-discuss
Friendly ping about rolling releases.

Philipp Wollermann

May 21, 2021, 2:53:24 PMMay 21
to Fredrik Medley, bazel-discuss
Hi Fredrik,

I wanted to get the first rolling release out today, but figured I'll do the Bazel 4.1.0 release first, as it was already pending for so long.

Please follow this issue for progress: https://github.com/bazelbuild/bazel/issues/13505. We should be ready any day now.

Cheers,
Philipp

--
Philipp Wollermann | Software Engineer | phi...@google.com
Google Germany GmbH | Erika-Mann-Straße 33 | 80636 München

Geschäftsführer: Paul Manicle, Halimah DeLaine Prado
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamburg