Latest version of bazel-skylib appears to have rolled back?

Ajith Ramanathan

May 10, 2022, 9:18:16 AM5/10/22
to bazel-discuss
Hi.

I was looking at https://github.com/bazelbuild/bazel-skylib/releases and I noticed that the latest version is now 1.0.3, but at least a few weeks ago it was 1.2.1.  I looked (perhaps not particularly well), but couldn't find a rationale for this rollback.

Any idea as to what happened?  I note that github claims that there is no difference between 1.2.1 and 1.0.3, though there have been commits to main since 1.0.3.

Tobias Werth

May 10, 2022, 10:25:16 AM5/10/22
to Ajith Ramanathan, Tony Aiuto, bazel-discuss

Google Germany GmbH

Erika-Mann-Straße 33

80636 München

Geschäftsführer: Paul Manicle, Liana Sebastian

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamburg

Diese E-Mail ist vertraulich. Falls Sie diese fälschlicherweise erhalten haben sollten, leiten Sie diese bitte nicht an jemand anderes weiter, löschen Sie alle Kopien und Anhänge davon und lassen Sie mich bitte wissen, dass die E-Mail an die falsche Person gesendet wurde.

This e-mail is confidential. If you received this communication by mistake, please don't forward it to anyone else, please erase all copies and attachments, and please let me know that it has gone to the wrong person.

Tony Aiuto

May 10, 2022, 10:32:05 PM5/10/22
to Tobias Werth, Yun Peng, Jason Dobies, Sven Tiffe, Jon Brandvein, Ajith Ramanathan, bazel-discuss

We'll have to look into what went on.

On Tue, May 10, 2022 at 10:25 AM Tobias Werth <twe...@google.com> wrote:
+Tony Aiuto

On Tue, May 10, 2022 at 3:18 PM Ajith Ramanathan <aji...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi.

I was looking at https://github.com/bazelbuild/bazel-skylib/releases and I noticed that the latest version is now 1.0.3, but at least a few weeks ago it was 1.2.1.  I looked (perhaps not particularly well), but couldn't find a rationale for this rollback.

Any idea as to what happened?  I note that github claims that there is no difference between 1.2.1 and 1.0.3, though there have been commits to main since 1.0.3.

I have no ideas right now.

Ajith Ramanathan

May 13, 2022, 1:35:56 AM5/13/22
to bazel-discuss