any body try to compile Bazel under redhat linux enterprise 5?

Jack47

May 3, 2015, 7:37:39 PM5/3/15
to bazel-...@googlegroups.com, Jack47
Does any body try to compile Bazel under redhat linux enterprise 5? I encounter lots of problems under it.

It turns out that bazel needs glibc 2.15, so I decide to compile bazel under redhat linux enterprise 7, which ships gcc 4.8 and glibc 2.17。I wonder is there any way to run bazel compiled under EL7 on EL5? The production environment is EL5. May be I can use Bazel with gcc 4.8 and glibc 2.17 to compile programs to be run under gcc 4.2 environment? I googled and found that gcc is only forward-compatibility. Can any body help me?

Thiago Farina

May 3, 2015, 8:04:29 PM5/3/15
to Jack47, bazel-...@googlegroups.com

On Sunday, May 3, 2015, Jack47 <csd...@126.com> wrote:
Does any body try to compile Bazel under redhat linux enterprise 5? I encounter lots of problems under it.

Which problems? Compile errors, link errors? Maybe we can fix them.

--
Thiago Farina

Austin Schuh

May 3, 2015, 11:05:42 PM5/3/15
to Thiago Farina, Jack47, bazel-...@googlegroups.com
I've been using Debian Wheezy for a while now.  The only thing I had to do was replace the protoc binary with a symlink to the debian protoc.

Austin

Jack47

May 3, 2015, 11:31:40 PM5/3/15
to Thiago Farina, Jack47, bazel-...@googlegroups.com
In Redhat el5, linux kernel version is 2.6.32, I installed devtoolset 2 ,which packages gcc 4.8. Now I encounter this problem:

Compiling sandbox...
gcc -o output/namespace-sandbox -std=c99 src/main/tools/namespace-sandbox.c
src/main/tools/namespace-sandbox.c:140:36: error: ‘CLONE_NEWUTS’ undeclared (first use in this function)
   CHECK_CALL(unshare(CLONE_NEWNS | CLONE_NEWUTS | CLONE_NEWIPC | CLONE_NEWUSER));

Jack47

May 3, 2015, 11:33:28 PM5/3/15
to Austin Schuh, Jack47, Thiago Farina, bazel-...@googlegroups.com
The latest Bazel on github, third_party/protobuf/protoc.linux-i686 is added, it is statically linked, it works fine in redhat el5.

Han-Wen Nienhuys

May 4, 2015, 2:35:58 AM5/4/15
to Jack47, Thiago Farina, bazel-...@googlegroups.com
Your linux kernel is too old to support namespaces. You could stub out
the sandbox source code; it should have no effect on normal
compilations.
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/bazel-discuss/BF79DACA-E4D1-47BB-9966-D8E49B700612%40126.com.

Han-Wen Nienhuys
Google Munich
han...@google.com

Jack47

May 4, 2015, 3:04:24 AM5/4/15
to Han-Wen Nienhuys, Jack47, Thiago Farina, bazel-...@googlegroups.com
Cool, it works! Bazel is compiled successfully!
在 2015年5月4日,14:35,Han-Wen Nienhuys <han...@google.com> 写道: