Hi everyone, I am joining the bazel-discuss group today

Luca Milanesio

Jun 21, 2022, 6:46:08 AMJun 21
to bazel-discuss
Hi everyone,
just a small message to say hello to the community and say how happy we are as Bazel adopters at the Gerrit Code Review project.

I am Luca Milanesio, one of the maintainer of the Gerrit Code Review project and contributor since 2011.

We moved to Bazel (from Buck) back in 2016 and since then we've been super-happy with the increase of speed and reliability of the build, allowing also to scale up the build using RBE and bringing it down from over 1h to under 10 mins, which is great for allowing fast-feedback.

As Gerrit Code Review release manager, I am particularly happy with the ability to have hermetic rules helping me in making reliable and repeatable releases.

Can someone invite me to the Slack channel so that I can also start interacting online with the community? (bazelbuild.slack.com

Thanks again to everyone and looking forward to be more involved with the Bazel community as well.

Luca.

Luca Milanesio

Jun 21, 2022, 6:50:50 AMJun 21
to bazel-discuss, Luca Milanesio

On 21 Jun 2022, at 11:46, Luca Milanesio <luca.mi...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi everyone,
just a small message to say hello to the community and say how happy we are as Bazel adopters at the Gerrit Code Review project.

I am Luca Milanesio, one of the maintainer of the Gerrit Code Review project and contributor since 2011.

We moved to Bazel (from Buck) back in 2016 and since then we've been super-happy with the increase of speed and reliability of the build, allowing also to scale up the build using RBE and bringing it down from over 1h to under 10 mins, which is great for allowing fast-feedback.

As Gerrit Code Review release manager, I am particularly happy with the ability to have hermetic rules helping me in making reliable and repeatable releases.

Can someone invite me to the Slack channel so that I can also start interacting online with the community? (bazelbuild.slack.com

I found the link and joined already, no need to answer it :-)

Luca.