Howto handle "exclusive" tag in remote execution?

mailto...@gmail.com

Jul 26, 2021, 9:07:17 AM7/26/21
to bazel-discuss
Hi!

We use the "exclusive" tag for some special tests that runs locally and that requires access to hardware in isolation. However, shortly we will introduce remote execution where we have the possibility to setup worker nodes that executes actions in isolation. Mapping the exclusive tests to those worker nodes should be simple.

The use case that is I fail to handle is to support running the tests BOTH locally and remote. The "tags" attribute is nonconfigurable and cannot be selected upon which makes it difficult since the "exclusive" tag disables remote execution.

Have someone addressed this problem?

Kind regards,
Jonas Hansson