Building net-snmp library in Bazel

Abhiram Gunti

May 24, 2023, 9:41:52 AM5/24/23
to bazel-discuss
I want to use the net-snmp open source library in my project, but I'm having trouble building it in Bazel. In my workspace file, I bring in net-snmp v5.9.3 through the http_archive() rule and I run the configure_make() rule in my build file. This build always fails, and the last line in the stderr file says the following:
Screenshot 2023-05-24 083422.png

I know the net-snmp library is dependent on the libnl-3 and pkg-config dependencies, but I've been unable to find a way to bring those libraries into my workspace and let net-snmp use them when it builds.

When I try bringing the pkg-config dependency into my workspace and having it be a dependency of my net-snmp library when it builds, I get the following error:
Screenshot 2023-05-24 083822.png
and the same message shows up when I try to do the same thing with the libnl-3 dependency.

Does anyone know how to fix this issue so I can successfully build net-snmp within Bazel?

Thanks!