Running py binaries on Mac M1 in x86_64 arch

Or Enzer

Dec 20, 2022, 4:24:07 AM12/20/22
to bazel-discuss
Hi everyone,
I'm trying to set up my python dev env with bazel and I'm using rules_python for toolchain registration so I can easily install packages from PyPI.

As I'm working on a Mac M1 setup I'm getting into difficulties to install some packages that haven't been updated to support the ARM arch or their dependencies haven't. (e.g. trying to install pyserini fails due to a dependency (LightGBM) not support yet.)

I can see in python toolchain def that there's support for x86_64-apple so my question is - how can I configure my WORKSPACE to use that?

Thanks in advance,
Or