Supporting a toolchain that is only available on a remote server?

mailto...@gmail.com

Nov 11, 2022, 8:25:43 AM11/11/22
to bazel-discuss
Hi all!

Background:
We build tar files containing binaries for different architectures using transitions. For one of the architectures, the compiler is only available on a remote server (via Bazel remote execution) due to licensing restrictions. For all other architectures, toolchains are available both locally and remote.

tar file

|--- transition(platform x/compiler x) --- main.cpp    <--- Build locally

|--- transition(platform y/compiler y) --- main.cpp    <--- How to make this build remote?

Question:
Is there a way to setup Bazel such that only C++ files from one of the transitions are build remote and where all others are handled locally?

Kind regards,
Jonas Hansson