can I see the output of bazel test in stdout or stderr?

Diego

Nov 23, 2017, 1:42:20 AM11/23/17
to bazel-discuss
hello, is there a way for me to see the output of the test.log file directly in the console when I run a bazel test?

it is really annoying having to navigate to the test log directory when a test goes wrong. for example I had to go to C:\Users\John\AppData\Local\Temp\_bazel_John\bzirGvLf\execroot\__main__\bazel-out\msvc_x64-fastbuild\testlogs\engine\engine_test\base_animation to find the test.log file

thanks!
--
https://github.com/thinlizzy/ - C++11 and C++14 open source wrappers and libraries for various purposes (XML, image, webserver... and even a MTG implementation)
http://baudejogos.net - o único site brasileiro decente de jogos!!

Brian Silverman

Nov 23, 2017, 1:44:43 AM11/23/17
to Diego, bazel-discuss
--test_output=errors will show the output from failed tests. --test_output=all will show you the outputs from all the tests (if you really want that). You can also find symlinks to them at bazel-testlogs/some/package/some_test/test.log afterwards.

Diego

Nov 23, 2017, 1:48:33 PM11/23/17
to Brian Silverman, bazel-discuss
sweet! that does it perfectly! thanks! :)