Preparing Bazel 5.0 release

Xudong Yang

Sep 20, 2021, 5:47:38 AM9/20/21
to bazel-dev, bazel-discuss
Hi all,

We're planning to cut the baseline for Bazel 5.0, the next LTS (long-term support) release, around mid-October 2021. Please submit any changes you'd like to get into Bazel 5.0 before then; if your outstanding PR still needs approval from a Bazel team member, please add a comment on the release tracking issue. After the baseline is cut, cherry pick PRs will still be accepted, but only for crucial bug fixes.

Thanks,
Xudong

Xudong Yang

Oct 14, 2021, 10:58:07 AM10/14/21
to bazel-dev, bazel-discuss
Hi all,

As a reminder, we'll be cutting the baseline for Bazel 5.0 soon, likely to be around next Tuesday, 20 October. Please make sure to get your PR in before then to make the cut. As before, if your PR needs attention, feel free to mark it as a release blocker and/or add a comment on the release tracking issue.

Thanks,
Xudong

Paul Draper

Dec 28, 2021, 8:34:30 PM12/28/21