Bazel Community Day

Jay Conrod

Oct 7, 2022, 2:10:48 PM10/7/22
to baze...@googlegroups.com, Pushya Jataprolu, Alex Eagle, Eva Howe, Jason Dobies, Radhika Advani, ツ Sven Tiffe
Hey everyone!

We at Aspect.dev and EngFlow are organizing a Bazel Community Day, a day of interesting discussions for working groups, birds of a feather, contributors to Bazel, rules, and other projects in the ecosystem, and anyone else interested. We’re partnering with the Bazel team to keep the topics complementary to BazelCon.

Community Day will take place the day before BazelCon in New York on Tuesday, November 15.

We hope to have all the details finalized next week, so please consider this a "save the date". We know many of you will be making travel plans for BazelCon, and we wanted to let you know as early as we could.

Jay Conrod
EngFlow.com

Jared Neil

Oct 10, 2022, 9:54:00 PM10/10/22
to bazel-dev
Do you know at this point if this will this be an all-day event, or just the afternoon or evening?

Jay Conrod

Oct 11, 2022, 2:11:58 PM10/11/22
to Jared Neil, bazel-dev
We're still finalizing the details, but we're planning for the community day to be 11am-5pm, with a happy hour from 5pm-7pm.

Jay Conrod

Oct 13, 2022, 4:26:41 PM10/13/22
to baze...@googlegroups.com, Pushya Jataprolu, Alex Eagle, Eva Howe, Jason Dobies, Radhika Advani, ツ Sven Tiffe

Registration is now open for BazelCon Community Day! Please register soon, we have space for about 90 people. Let us know if you're interested in hearing about any particular topic.

More details can be found on our website. Please note that we are following the BazelCon community guidelines and COVID vaccine requirement.

Place: DataDog HQ, 620 8th Ave, New York, NY 10018
Date: November 15, 2022
Time: Community Day 11:00am–5:00pm; Happy Hour 5:00pm–7:00pm

We are looking forward to seeing you!

Jay Conrod

Oct 19, 2022, 4:56:55 PM10/19/22
to baze...@googlegroups.com, Pushya Jataprolu, Alex Eagle, Eva Howe, Jason Dobies, Radhika Advani, ツ Sven Tiffe
We have a tentative schedule now on our website. We planning workshops including a Bazel bootcamp, a talk on how to avoid writing rules by Alex Eagle, a tutorial on writing rules by me (in case you miss Alex's talk!), and more.

If you'll be joining us, please register soon. Let us know if there are any topics you'd specifically like to hear about, discuss, or present!