Qt Creator Plugin

Max B

Jan 7, 2022, 3:27:12 PM1/7/22
to bazel-dev
Hi all!

For my new pet project I started working on a plugin for Qt Creator to support Bazel projects. It is currently in a fairly early phase but the essential features are already there:
- project tree navigation;
- build configurations;
- build target selection;
- running executables.

Some important features are still missing:
- proper code model support to enable include paths resolution and so on;
- debugging;
- watching filesystem and picking up changes.

Since this is really just for fun, I don't even use the plugin mysel to work on any real Bazel-based project and may not know all the limitations or bugs (but I'm aware of a few ;).
Is anybody here interested in giving an early test and submitting some feedback, or better yet - contributing to the project?
I already posted in the IDE's feature request ticket but it looks quite abandoned there.

In case someone's interested, the source code is open under MIT license and can be found here: https://bitbucket.org/knuckles/qtc-bazel-plugin/
As I said, feel free to give it a shot.

Cheers,
Max