Status of "Approved" proposals

Lukács T. Berki

Mar 31, 2023, 5:08:05 AM3/31/23
to bazel-dev, Nathan Harmata, Alex Humesky, Ivo Ristovski List, John Cater, Tony Aiuto
Hey folks,

Continuing my effort to clean up the bazelbuild/proposals repository, this time, I'm looking at the proposals in the "Accepted state". Please help me decide whether they were in fact implemented or ended up being dropped.

  • "Splitting large BEP events": AFAIU this is #5715 and it got dropped for some reason? (I don't see a child_events_continuation field, which corroborates this). Do you remember?
@Alex:
@Ivo:
@John C:
@Tony:

--
Lukács T. Berki | Software Engineer | lbe...@google.com |

Google Germany GmbH | Erika-Mann-Str. 33  | 80636 München | Germany | Geschäftsführer: Paul Manicle, Halimah DeLaine Prado | Registergericht und -nummer: Hamburg, HRB 86891

John Cater

Mar 31, 2023, 9:06:40 AM3/31/23
to Lukács T. Berki, bazel-dev, Nathan Harmata, Alex Humesky, Ivo Ristovski List, Tony Aiuto
On Fri, Mar 31, 2023 at 5:08 AM Lukács T. Berki <lbe...@google.com> wrote:
@John C:
This is done, I'll update today.
It needs to be redone, I'll make a note.

Tony Aiuto

Mar 31, 2023, 9:53:56 AM3/31/23
to John Cater, Lukács T. Berki, bazel-dev, Nathan Harmata, Alex Humesky, Ivo Ristovski List
Ongoing implementation. The basic ideas are in place, and the core code is in place, so we could say "implemented".  The work, however, never ends as the SBOM effort rescoped it, and we believe the requirements will grow incrementally each year.   I'll send a PR now.

Ivo Ristovski List

Apr 19, 2023, 8:03:51 AM4/19/23
to bazel-dev
There's a migration tag, but no checks. Dropped.
Implemented
Seems this way, however owners have changed.
90% implemented, so I think it's safe to call it implemented.
No. It was implemented.
Implemented.
Implemented

Alex Humesky

Apr 19, 2023, 2:15:19 PM4/19/23
to Lukács T. Berki, bazel-dev, Nathan Harmata, Ivo Ristovski List, John Cater, Tony Aiuto
On Fri, Mar 31, 2023 at 5:08 AM Lukács T. Berki <lbe...@google.com> wrote:
Hey folks,

Continuing my effort to clean up the bazelbuild/proposals repository, this time, I'm looking at the proposals in the "Accepted state". Please help me decide whether they were in fact implemented or ended up being dropped.

  • "Splitting large BEP events": AFAIU this is #5715 and it got dropped for some reason? (I don't see a child_events_continuation field, which corroborates this). Do you remember?
@Alex:
Correct, the spirit of this has been implemented as github.com/bazelbuild/rules_android_ndk. There are still several loose ends around implementing missing features, and migrating users to the new rules (e.g. tensorflow)

In progress indeed :)

Lukács T. Berki

Apr 20, 2023, 2:59:07 AM4/20/23
to Ivo Ristovski List, bazel-dev