"External Dependencies Overhaul" design dco

Lukács T. Berki

Mar 30, 2023, 6:28:17 AM3/30/23
to Yun Peng, Xudong Yang, bazel-dev
Hey Yun and Xudong,

I'm house cleaning in our design doc repository and there are a few that y'all own:

--
Lukács T. Berki | Software Engineer | lbe...@google.com |

Google Germany GmbH | Erika-Mann-Str. 33  | 80636 München | Germany | Geschäftsführer: Paul Manicle, Halimah DeLaine Prado | Registergericht und -nummer: Hamburg, HRB 86891

Lukács T. Berki

Mar 30, 2023, 6:29:56 AM3/30/23
to Yun Peng, Xudong Yang, bazel-dev
Also:

Lukács T. Berki

Mar 30, 2023, 6:36:13 AM3/30/23
to Yun Peng, Xudong Yang, bazel-dev
Also:

Xudong Yang

Mar 30, 2023, 7:38:37 AM3/30/23
to Lukács T. Berki, Yun Peng, Xudong Yang, bazel-dev

> do I understand correctly that there will be no public BCR and as such, this should be dropped?

There has been a public BCR for over a year :) See https://registry.bazel.build

Lukács T. Berki

Mar 30, 2023, 7:49:35 AM3/30/23
to Xudong Yang, Yun Peng, Xudong Yang, bazel-dev
On Thu, Mar 30, 2023 at 1:38 PM Xudong Yang <w...@bazel.build> wrote:
Sent https://github.com/bazelbuild/proposals/pull/302

> do I understand correctly that there will be no public BCR and as such, this should be dropped?

There has been a public BCR for over a year :) See https://registry.bazel.build
PEBKAC (/me lowers his head in shame) Approve it then? :)

Xudong Yang

Mar 30, 2023, 8:41:13 AM3/30/23
to Lukács T. Berki, Yun Peng, Xudong Yang, bazel-dev
> Approve it then? :)
Already done in that PR. (It's implemented.)