Bazel LTS Release Cadence Survey

Yun Peng

Mar 9, 2023, 11:50:07 AM3/9/23
to bazel-discuss, bazel-dev, bazel-team, bazel-...@googlegroups.com
Dear Bazel community,

The Bazel team is considering updating the official Bazel LTS release cadence and we would like to get feedback from the community.

Bazel LTS releases include all new features as well as breaking changes. The latest LTS release receives bug fixes and backwards compatible features cherry-picked into minor releases every ~3 months. We want to understand what is the best Bazel LTS release frequency for the community.

You can find more context and pros/cons of different LTS release frequencies in Bazel Release Model & Rules Compatibility.

Please fill out this survey!

Cheers,
Yun

Yun Peng