[Fundy Tides] Breaking News: BEP Chair Recommends Against Extending Calais LN...

1 view

Art MacKay

Dec 10, 2010, 7:07:45 PM12/10/10
to bayof...@googlegroups.com

12/10/2010 05:37 PM ET

The chair of the Maine Board of Environmental Protection has recommended against allowing Calais LNG any more time in it efforts to establish a liquified natural gas terminal near Calais in Washington County.

In a memo to the board, Susan Lessard says the company has not provided enough financial or technical information on the project, nor does it have title to much of the land on which the facility would be built.
Sean Mahoney of the Conservation Law Foundation, which opposes the project, cautiously welcomed the news. "Obviously it's the board chair's recommendation to the board as a whole so it's not final until the board meets next Thursday," Mahoney sys. "But, as we've said all along, we don't think that this project is the appropriate project, both on its location, as well as on the need for an additional LNG facility in the region.
Calls to Calais LNG were not returned.

MPBN

--
Posted By Art MacKay to Fundy Tides at 12/10/2010 08:07:00 PM