ANN: Clojure/West - a new Clojure conference March 16-17th in San Jose

Alex Miller

Nov 2, 2011, 11:10:52 AM11/2/11
to Bay Area Functional Programmers
It is with great pleasure that I am announcing a new west coast
Clojure conference: Clojure/West (more: http://clojurewest.org,
http://twitter.com/clojurewest). The announcement is here:
http://clojurewest.org/news/2011/11/2/clojurewest-is-launched.html.

The first Clojure/West will occur March 16-17th in downtown San Jose,
CA. Future years may occur in San Francisco or other west coast
cities with robust Clojure communities (Seattle, Portland, San Diego,
and LA come to mind). This year I put a premium on finding the best
combination of an affordable hotel rate ($119/night) and a convenient
venue for airport, eating, etc which ultimately lead me to San Jose.

I'm really excited to put together my experience in running Strange
Loop (which has always had an unabashed Clojure focus :) and my own
experience as a full-time Clojure developer at Revelytix to creating a
new forum for Clojure developers. The Conj is great and I have been
in frequent contact with the Clojure/core team to make Clojure/West an
event that complements the Conj rather than competes with it. I think
the community is large enough that we can have two great events
(hopefully more!) each year.

Please join the Clojure/West mailing list for future announcements
(Call for Presentations, registration, sponsorship, etc): http://eepurl.com/gP51T.

Alex Miller

Alex Miller

Dec 7, 2011, 8:48:08 AM12/7/11
to Bay Area Functional Programmers
Hello all,
If you're interested in Clojure/West (http://clojurewest.org, San
Jose, Mar 16-17 or training Mar 12-15), you can now:
- Submit a talk: http://clojurewest.org/call-for-presentations/-
Register for the conference: http://www.regonline.com/clojurewest2012
  - Early bird - $450 until Jan 20    - Regular - $550 Jan 21 - Feb
17    - Late - $650 Feb 18 - Mar 15- Register for training:
http://www.regonline.com/clojurewest2012training    - Clojure Web with
Chris Granger - Mar 12-13 or 14-15 - $1200    - Pallet with Hugo
Duncan, Toni Batchelli - Mar 14-15 - $1200    - Cascalog with Sam
Ritchie - Mar 13-15 - $1900    - Intro to Clojure with Clojure/core -
Mar 13-15 - $1900- Reserve a hotel room: https://resweb.passkey.com/go/clojurewest
  - $119 / night, only open till Feb 20th
We've already had several excellent talks submitted in the CFP!  It's
going to be a great conference.  If you have any questions, let me
know.
Alex Miller